Emma is getting to the point that she can look at our faces when we talk to her. Her wobbly neck muscles are becoming stronger and her little skin folds have filled out and turned into cute little rolls. She even smiles at us.. under strict conditions (clean diaper, full tummy, right temperature ect.) We have come to the realization that her hair is just like her sweet Daddy's. It sticks straight up in every direction. There is one tuft in particular on the top of her head that won't be tamed no matter what we do. Adorable. She has such a sweet spirit, it is such a blessing to have her in our home.
My life has been so different. It's been a huge adjustment, going from being a always on the go, super busy, uncomfortably pregnant nursing student to a stay at home mom. I feel...exhausted. The kind of exhausted sleep can't cure. School, graduation, having a baby, taking my boards right after...my energy has been depleted from it all. So really, the truth is I don't mind spending my days at home with nothing more to do than take care of a sweet baby. Now don't get me wrong. It's not the easiest thing in the world. But it's more fufilling than spending hours doing homework and studying for tests.
It's nice actually having time to do things I want to do. Like spend time with my family, be outside, have naps, watch movies, plant a garden. I can keep the house tidy and spend time with my amazing husband.
I wrote out a huge to-do list for this summer while I was in school (probably during class while I was listening very intently to one of the teachers talk on and on about aortic aneurysms or atrial fibrillation or something...) It consists only of fun things I want to do. SO I'm excited to get started on that.
I wrote out a huge to-do list for this summer while I was in school (probably during class while I was listening very intently to one of the teachers talk on and on about aortic aneurysms or atrial fibrillation or something...) It consists only of fun things I want to do. SO I'm excited to get started on that.
We got our garden planted this weekend. And DANG it's gonna be GOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment