Saturday, January 10, 2015

Health update

The holidays have been good for my soul but bad for my body.

I lost 2 lbs over the break... 
But not in a good way.
It's weird how I can be so close to my weight goal but feel so far from my fitness goal. I may be light but I feel flabby, I've lost so much muscle tone. I don't look like I weigh what I do.
I've had setbacks the last little while. 
At least one person in our family has had one or all of the following sicknesses the past 3 weeks.

Respiratory flu
Strep throat
Double ear infection
Constipation
Conjectivitis 
Sinus infection
Head/chest cold 
Coughs
And currently, the Stomach flu


I'm not trying to make excuses. But really, working out has been the last thing on my mind lately. 
My top priorities are the health and happiness of my family so I've been investing all of my time and energy into that lately.
One of these days I'll get back on track with eating healthy and going to the gym.
 But for now, I'll be snuggling my babies and nibbling on soda crackers and drinking apple juice while having a movie marathon.
One goal I have this year is to focus on the moment at hand. So here's to rolling with the punches life throws at you. Just hang on and enjoy the ride. 
Even if it makes you barf.


No comments:

Post a Comment