Wednesday, February 18, 2015

9 months of AddiLyn

Our sweet little wild flower is 9 months! Oh the happiness and joy she brings to my heart and soul. She's such a happy, feisty little girl! 
Weight: 18 lbs 50%
Height: 28.75 in 70%

Miss AddiLyn Mae is such an easy baby during the day. During the night she tends to be a little more difficult (waking up every 2 hours, if not sooner) , however, I talked to her doctor about it and she suggested I supplement her feedings with formula during the day. 
She's never been the best at taking a bottle, so we tried waiting to feed the formula to her until she was super hungry and she gulps it right down and then nurses. We do that 3 times a day plus solids. Well, lo and behold-She is suddenly sleeping through the night! 
I guess she just wasn't quite getting what she needed during the day, even though I was nursing her every 3 hours and giving her solids and snacks. It makes me feel kind of bad knowing she was crying all those nights because she was hungry. I'm glad we didn't do the cry it out method. If I'd been doing that and then found all this out on top of that I'd feel horrible!! At least we were suffering together :)
Things my sweet girl can do.
• scoots backwards and rolls. Can go from laying on her stomach to sitting up. 
• loves bubble baths and showers
• has 5 teeth
• smiles all the time, but rarely laughs
•loves being outside
• has strong twiggy chicken legs, is wary of standing up. 
• if Emma takes something from her AddiLyn goes after her with a vengeance. It's kind of cute but I pretend that it's naughty so Emma doesn't feel sad about it or think it's okay to be overly aggressive.
• she's a biter. She bites Emma and makes her cry on a daily basis. At least twice a day. Poor Emma gets roughed up by little Addi.
• AddiLyn absolutely adores her daddy. She's a total daddy's girl. 
• she's never been shy. I keep waiting for her to start getting scared of strangers but she never ceases to love on absolute strangers, smiling at them and stretching her arms out to random people to be held. She is very social and makes everyone feel special and loved. As long as she's not tired or hungry
• she loves to be read to and loves it when I sing to her.

She's such a special little girl, I adore her with all my heart! 9 months of sleepless nights and joyous, happy days! 
I love my AddiLyn Mae!!!!!





Oh and she hates getting dirty! 


No comments:

Post a Comment