Friday, December 25, 2015

Random happenings

Random happenings. That's what our life has been made of here in St. George. We are tossed to and fro by the spontaneous opportunities that present themselves, and we thrive. 
Here's what's been happening with us lately..

SNOW CANYON.
The perfect place to condition your young kids for a life of adventure. We've loved exploring this place and taking the girls on small hikes. The girls love it, believe it or not. AddiLyn is awestruck every time we go, without fail. She loves the outdoors!
 I know Emma looks terrified in the picture below but she was actually really concentrated on putting her foot on Ryan's hand so he could pull her down. She's too brave for me to handle! She and Ryan are going to be serious hiking buddies when Emma is older.
Emma: "I'm a good hiker! I want climb like Daddy!"





Another very random happening I am choosing to include in this post: I cut the girls bangs... 
And I don't think I'll ever do it again. Emma looked in the mirror right afterward and said. "I'm a boy now. I really look like a boy." Doh! And AddiLyn's hair is curly so it takes a lot to get her hair to lay flat now. You live and you learn I guess!




Checking out the neighborhood. We have a seriously cool neighborhood. We are within walking distance to the library, an aquatic center, the elementary school (and the playgrounds) and near a bike path. Not to mention we have some great neighbors.



The Childrens Museum. 
If you are ever in ST. George and you have small kids, go to the Childrens Museum! It's so much fun and it's huge! It's a museum that is made just for kids fun and entertainment. We spent 4 hours there the first time we went. There's so much to do!



TRAVEL
I took a trip down to Idaho before we moved into our home. Emma is always begging me to take her to Idaho."I'm a Idaho girl. I live in Idaho!" AddiLyn did great there, she slept in my sisters room and didn't wake up once any of the nights. (Which rarely happens even when she has a room to herself.)


And last but not least we went up north to visit my dearest friend, Chelsea! It was so fun watching our girls play together, they are such sweet kindred spirits. And AddiLyn has been betrothed to Chelsea's son, Adam. Let it be written. Let it be so.
But seriously, there is something magical about watching your daughter become true friends (and so easily!) with your best friends daughter. It's like watching the stars in your life align and you see that this is simply how it is supposed to be. Love it! Life is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment