I miss the squeaky screen door opening around 4 o'clock pm hearing the big rubber boots thud across the wood floor and my dads cheerful voice ringing through the house. The smell of dust and potatoes would always emanate off of his dirty work clothes.
I miss my grandpa tucking me in the nights I got to sleep over at his house and telling me stories about the time he was a " 'ittle girl... I mean boy!"
I miss the long nights spent on the trampoline with my siblings. The feeling of being tiny under the vast glittering sky. The smell of summer filling our noses. Crickets softly chirping and an occasional breeze rattling the poplar tree leaves creating a soft summer lullaby.
I miss racing through the neighborhood barefoot with laughter and excitement surrounding me. My knees and palms always being scraped up. Filling my lungs with fresh air all day everyday . Returning home at sunset utterly exhausted and starving.
I miss the simplicity of childhood. My tiny brother Andy ( who was once a lot smaller than me, believe it or not) always on my tail. Doing what I did. Saying what I said. Singing what I sang. A constant friend, no matter what I did. Always wanting to be just like me.
So many memories I never want to forget. <3
So many memories I never want to forget. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment