Friday, January 24, 2014

Happy birthday to ME!

So this year I actually decided to enjoy my birthday and let Ryan do some things for me.
 Usually, I refuse a cake or special dinner or anything like that.. I don't enjoy being the center of attention and with Ryan's birthday so close to mine we have cake and ice cream and go out to eat that week anyways. 
But this year I thought I might as well indulge :) 
The day was a normal day, I took Emma to the park, and just did my thing. 
Ryan came home from work and made me a nice dinner, steamed asparagus and golden rod eggs, just like I requested. He thought it was a little weird that I would choose that out of anything possible. But it's what I wanted so he was more than willing to accommodate a simple, healthy dinner :)

 I asked for an ice cream cake, I totally thought Ryan would buy one from DQ but he ended up making one! 

It was delicious. There's still over half of it in our freezer! There was so much goodness to it we couldn't take in much. It was super good though. I've been on this no sugar way of life, so all this cake and ice cream kind of made me a little nauseous and dizzy. But it was so worth it. :) I also ate ice cream for lunch. Because I wanted to.

Then we played with Emma and after she was in bed we snuggled on the couch and watched the Office. 

Nothing too spectacular. Just a simple day with the people I love, just the way I like it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment