Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Projects

I've taken on so many projects this last month I'm feeling a little crazy.  Here are the most recent ones!
I built shelves for the master bathroom. I always had so much stuff all over my countertops and clutter makes me crazy! So I made some storage space and it's so much better. Organization is wonderful. I need more of it in my life. All of this was about 15 dollars in wood and brackets. So easy!

I finally decided on nursery colors and I've been having a lot of fun getting things together for the room. Here's the only thing I have pictured from the nursery, my cute little elephant and hearts I painted. It was $3 dollars worth of wood (this is only half of it, too) and I had the paint on hand. Easy peasy and so much cheaper than buying decor. 

And our yard. Ahhh, our yard. We've ripped up all concrete, set up a playground and need to plant grass still and get everything put back together. It's such a mess but the girls still manage to have fun with it, so it's ok! We're almost done! Ryan has been such a trooper with my slave driving ways. The yard was my idea but Ryan is the muscle and man power behind it and it wouldn't have changed a bit without him. He's the best. 

Another bigger one, I painted my house. My sister was here to help for this one luckily! It was so fun painting and chatting while the girls would nap. My sister is a rock star! It ended up only taking a couple days and it looks so much better without those yucky green walls! 


I'll add the girls most recent project too ;) They built a cute little dry erase board for themselves at Home Depot. It was so fun! They absolutely loved man handling those hammers... It was actually quite terrifying. But we all survived and they were so proud of the finished product!


And last but not least I decided to take on 80 lbs of peaches. That's right. Yikes! Needless to say, I got them all canned, frozen, jammed, and baked away. Ive never done anything like this before so it was a fun learning experience. And the taste of a summer peach is permeated into my taste buds, which isn't so bad. 

Now it's time to wrap up the loose ends of these tasks and be done with projects so I can take a nice long nap! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment