Claire is 1 month old!
I can't believe it's been a month. It seems like it's flown by. But also, I feel like I've had her forever. If that makes any sense.
Claire has just barely reached 9 lbs which blows my mind. Both Emma and Addi were 9 lbs (at least) by 2 weeks. She still fits into newborn diapers and clothes.
She hates being swaddled.
Tolerates a binky most of the time.
Eats every 2 hours.
Has the biggest eyes I've ever seen on such a tiny human.
Loves to snuggle and be held, like any newborn baby should!
Has arm and leg rolls like Emma did :)
She's had kind of a rough couple weeks, she caught a nasty cold which doesn't help her ability to sleep. It's been hard. Every time I lay her down she immediately gets congested and starts gagging and struggles breathing. So some nights I've slept with her in my recliner so she can be propped up. I tried propping up her little bassinet mattress but I woke up every 10 minutes terrified that she slid down against the side of her bed and would suffocate.... So in the recliner we go.
The things you do to keep your tiny humans alive and comfortable.
I honestly don't mind the sleepless nights much. I know these days don't last forever. It's just the matter of getting through the day time without losing my patience that is the real struggle.
It hasn't been bad though. As long as the girls get their sleep and aren't grumpy it's easy for me to get through the day level headed.
The adjustment to 3 has been so much better for me than it was with two. Emma and Addilyn keep each other busy (playing mingled with fighting) and I feel like I've found my groove already for the most part. Life is good. Exhausting. But good.
No comments:
Post a Comment