Sunday, October 27, 2019

Happenings..


The girls have been in school for about a month and a half now. So far, they've loved it and adjusted well to the change. I was so close to homeschooling this year, I was actually 100% planning on it and I bought the curriculum and everything. But a nagging feeling that wouldn't leave me persisted to tell me that they needed to go to school. It was an emotional change in plans for me but they have hit the ground running and thrived more than I could have imagined. Thank goodness! Emma is loving the Chinese immersion program here, Addi has loved kindergarten, riding the bus, and recess are her favorite. And Claire loves her one on one momma time.












They had a fun run a couple of weeks ago and I signed up to run with them.
Addilyn wanted me to run with her, she insisted I run with her. So we lined up, I warned her I would be a little bit slow because (I'm 5 months pregnant) and she said "that's okay mom! I want you to run with me." The lady blew the whistle, Addi looked up at me, flashed me her cute smile and then she was gone. Super turbo speed kicked in and she bounded out of sight. I kept running (well, scuffling..) while Claire looked up at me from the stroller and said "Mom! You so slow, go faster!" I made it one lap and decided to cheer from the side lines from there. Addi blew past me, bounding like a little deer, giving me a high five on her way past. She did so well.
It turns out she got second place out of all the girls in her grade. She was so proud! She got a medal and some prizes. I was a proud momma! Emma did great as well but was too busy playing with her friends for me to get a picture. I was totally ok with that :)







 We went to Salt Lake for a weekend getaway to look at minivans (we decided not to get one, I'm still not joining the mini van mom club lol) and decided to go to the zoo, the Wheeler Farm, and Temple Square. I love traveling as a family. It really brings us all together in ways we don't get at home.














My sister had her baby! I was so excited to be an aunt on my side of the family that I hopped on a plane and went to visit her for a few days. I snuggled that sweet baby girl to my heart content and loved every second of it. Spending time with my sister is the best.













Addi and Claire started dance class. And then Claire chickened out and didn't want to do it anymore. So now Addi is just doing it. She does tap, tumbling and ballet. It will be good for her. Em is still in gymnastics and loving it. 











We've tried to really dive into fall activities. Our kids at this age love it and it's so fun experiencing these new things with them. We went to the straw maze, corn maze, painted pumpkins, decorated the house with their crafts, baked fall goodies and had a family Halloween party. Our first Idaho fall has been a success.






 








No comments:

Post a Comment