Thursday, November 29, 2012

Being a mom

Dear Emma,
I miss you when your asleep. Your dad is at work and I'm awake, thinking about you.
I love the way you nuzzle your small body against mine. I love the smell of your hair as I kiss the top of your soft head. I love how fast you kick your little legs and wave your arms when you get excited. I love it when you crinkle up your nose and give me that gummy  almost toothless smile. I love the way you get bashful and hide your smiling face when you do something new and your dad and I hug you. I love how you cling on to me looking around as fast as you can, trying to take everything in, as we walk through the house doing chores. I love that when you hear a scary or loud sound you frantically grab onto either me or your dad and won't let go. That shows me we make you feel safe.  I Love how serene and beautiful you look as you sleep. I love how much you adore animals and other babies. You are caring, even at such a young age. I love those big hazel eyes that are framed by your dark long eyelashes that gaze up at me so often. They melt my heart every day. I love watching you give your dad those open mouth kisses on his face. I adore watching you two play and hearing you squeal and laugh. I love watching you fall asleep in my arms every night. i love watching you grow and learn every day.
I love you, my beautiful baby girl.
Love,
Your mom

No comments:

Post a Comment