I don't have a job outside of the home right now. In my eyes, my job is to take care of and raise our baby at this time.
There are a lot of other things I have kept busy with.
In fact, I feel like there's not enough time in the day after making meals, feeding/bathing/dressing (and re-dressing)/playing with the baby, going to the gym, cleaning the house, doing yard work when needed, grocery shopping, running other errands, spending time with Ryan, and random things that come up during the day.
For example, I can't seem to find time to play the flute, violin, or piano. All things I want to pick up again and stay good at. And the house is never as perfectly clean as I would like it to be. If I had endless amounts of time my house would be spotless.
I can't stand living in a mess.
I honestly don't notice if other peoples' homes are messy.
It doesn't matter to me unless I have to live there.
So, that being said, I have picked up on multiple projects in my home. The more I am in my house the more I notice certain things that aren't convenient or organized properly. So I'm going through each room and finding problem areas and working on them.
By doing this I have reduced the amount of stress in my life, copiously . One thing that stresses me out is disorganization Without organization I feel like everything is out of control. When that happens, I take control.
To show off my work I took before and after pictures :)
So. Here is my bathroom before. Usually the counters are clear, but I guess I wasn't on my A game that day and didn't clean up after myself. The shelves were what drove me crazy. With limited space I have to store all our bottles and my makeup ect on shelves. Such a MESS. Ugh, there had to be a better way...
After. All it took were a couple of cheap $5 baskets from Ross and I had more space than I started with. It just gives you that "Ah, much better" feeling walking into the bathroom. Much more pleasant.
Next project. Still in the bathroom. But under the sink. It was a disaster area down there. It looked like a mini storm snuck under our sink and ravaged the whole thing. It was just embarrassing.
Before....
After....
Now, this one wasn't as simple. I bought these cheap (and on sale!) organizational drawers from Walmart, thinking they would conveniently stack on top of each other underneath the sink. They did, but because of the pipes they didn't fit properly. So I had to improvise and stack them how they would fit. Not as convenient but still, a lot better than before.
Now that the bathroom wasn't a hazard to my mental health I could move on to other things.
Like the closet in the hall. It started out as just a random mess of things thrown in there to pristine well thought out order. I even have a shelf for my craft basket. Ah, much better.
Before... YUCK! After..... Can I get a hallelujah!
NEXT
Emma's dresser. That thing was a mess to start with. I was going to school when preparing for Emma's arrival so all my organizational efforts went into school. Our home was neglected. So Emma's room has suffered. Her dresser especially.
Before...
Her bath drawer..Such a mess.
Her clothes drawer. I forgot to take a before picture. But it was bad. Just imagine this drawer being filled with cute baby clothes disastrously sprawled everywhere, but don't think about it too long. The pure disgustingness (yes, that is a word in my vocabulary) of it might give you an aneurysm.
And here we have her accessory drawer. Such a stressful event trying to get her ready in the mornings! Not only because she doesn't like getting dressed but also because I had to wade through the depths of despair to get to anything..
AFTER!
Hallelujah's all around.
Her bath drawer.
Her clothes and accessory drawers. No more aneurysms or despair for me today!
Cleanliness = happy faces.
I stuck Emma in her sling so she could help. Gotta get the neurons in her brain that are in charge of cleaning connected so we can establish an early ability to clean! Ha.. if only it were that easy.
That's all I have done for now, but I have many projects to come.
- Our closet. Almost done, actually.
- Emma's closet. Yikes. Now THAT will be an interesting fete..
- Kitchen cabinets. I don't even want to think about that right now. I've already done a few though and it has cleared up so much space.
- And our carport/ closet outside.
Whew. I've got my work cut out for me.
But once I'm done I will no longer be on the brink of insanity. ;) I need order. Control. Structure.
I'm well on my way.
Hallelujah.
No comments:
Post a Comment