Friday, November 9, 2012

Giving Thanks

It's that time of year again. The time that we celebrate like Pilgrims and give thanks for what we have.

I want to try to get Ryan more involved with this blog... I don't know how successful I will be. But I want to list the things I am grateful for (one for each day of the month) and then I want Ryan to come up with a list as well.

Here's mine for now.

1- The Gospel. I still remember the time in my life when the Gospel "clicked" in my mind. I  remember when I started going to church not because I had to but because I wanted to. I remember the time I started realizing what the sacrament really did represent. My testimony in Christ and His Atonement is stronger than ever. It has gotten me through some very rough times. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and answers my prayers. I am beginning to understand a deeper love, the love a parent has for their child. And that helps me put into perspective how Heavenly Father loves me. He sent us the gospel to guide us so that we can get back to Him safely. For that, I am eternally grateful.

2- I am thankful for my little family. The fact that I have a loving husband who has committed his life to me and our family is awesome. Having a daughter has changed my life. I love them. With these two by my side I can accomplish anything.

3- My big family. My parents, grandparents, siblings and in-laws. They mean the world to me. My parents have always shown me love, even through my terrible teenage years. My mom is always calling up just to check up on me. My siblings always want to visit. I love the fact that they are all my best friends, despite the fights and tough times we've had. I'm thankful for my little in law brothers. They have all stolen my heart, I see them as my own little brothers. I'm thankful that Ryan's parents raised him so well and helped him become who he is today.

4- A home that provides warmth, peace and happiness.

5- The temple. I believe the temple has brought many blessings in our lives. It also helps me keep an eternal perspective in this busy life.

6- Music. I have been involved in music my whole life. I learned how to play the violin in kindergarten. Later in life I learned a bunch of other instruments and I've recently found a joy in singing (not in public, however.)  Music has been such a huge part of my life and brings me happiness. It speaks to the soul.

7-Health and the ability to exercise and be active. Working out has become my "me time."  My time to just get away for an hour or so and focus on me. Something everyone needs.

8- Our "bare necessities."  ;) Toilet paper, toothbrush/toothpaste, chapstick, toilets, deodorant, clothes, ect. Most of which the pilgrims didn't have. I'm sure thankful I do!

9- Electricity and blankets! I am always so cold, seriously, all of the time. Without the little space heater I carry around all day and my blanket I would be an ice cube laying in a hospital with pneumonia and frostbite all over my body. Seriously.

10. My education and degree in nursing. I may not use it for money but I feel like I use it every day with my baby, family members, and even complete strangers. It has enabled me to help those in need.

11. Delicious food. Both healthy and unhealthy. Food is a passion of mine I have had to learn to control ;)

12. Our cat, Tia. She can be such an annoying terd but she has a sweet personality and has definitely become part of the family. Not to mention she can entertain Emma for longer than I can!

13. Medicine that cures horrible deadly illnesses like the cold I have right now!!!

14. The variety of seasons. (Even though winter lasts WAY to long in Rexburg..)

15. I am thankful for trials. They make me stronger as a person and my little family closer and more capable.

16. I am thankful for the country I live in. All I've been hearing lately are complaints. But honestly? We still have it pretty good.

17.  Life experiences. Both the good and most of (not all of them, however)  the bad.

18. Technology. Computers, phones, internet, Ipods... ect. They make life so much easier.

19. I am thankful for my FRIENDS! How lonely life would be without good friends. I love them! All of them!

20. I am thankful for humor. I love it when people can make me laugh and I enjoy making people around me laugh. And fortunately, I was blessed with my Dads sense of humor that can honestly get me through pretty much anything these days. Am I dorky because of it? No doubt. Do I care? Haaaa PSH heck no! ;)

21. I am thankful for holidays. They bring family together, I love it.

22. I am thankful that Ryan has a job. Without it I would be working or we would be bums on the street begging for a crust of bread. And I am not okay with that.

23. I am thankful that I grew up where I did. Good old Sugar City, ID. Where sweet things grow. ;)

24. My bed. I love it. It's so soft and warm and hard to leave in the morning.

25. Cleanliness. I hate disorganization and messiness. It drives me crazy.

26. Friendly strangers. There have been so many friendly people who have helped me out but didn't even know me. They have blessed my life and they don't even know it.

27. Cars. I really take our car for granted. It has been broken down the past couple weeks so I've had to walk and run everywhere I go. I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't a frozen wasteland outside. I can't wait for it to be fixed.

28. Life! Life is great. I'm loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment