Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The BIG move

Well folks, the time has come and gone and we have finally moved to Texas for who knows how long.
We followed Ryan's family (they had all of our things in a trailer.) while driving here and it took roughly 2 days.

The drive down was horrible. I don't mean to be negative but seriously.
First day: Emma puked all over herself and the car seat ( my poor girl),  our poor cat was stuck in her pet carrier and was wailing the whole first day, I was super car sick and spent the last 2 hours with my window rolled down trying not to catch a whiff of Emma's throw up but trying to comfort her at the same time. she was SO miserable. :( It took every fiber of my being to prevent myself from jumping out of our moving vehicle and off of the nearest cliff or bridge...
But I like my life way too much.

AND we stopped at a hotel before I resorted to such extreme measures. 

At the hotel we had some explosive diarrhea from Emma and maybe either Ryan or I, I won't say who...
But we all got cleaned up, I got some motion sickness medication in my body, we sedated the cat so she'd sleep, I cleaned Emma's car seat and clothes, we got some sleep and by the next day we were ready to go! 
The second day wasn't as bad. We saw a castle and drove through some pretty scenery.

But to make a long ( and I mean LONG) story short, we made it. I didn't commit suicide. Emma stopped exploding both ways. Ryan was the rock who kept everyone semi sane AND did most of the driving (my hero) and we now live in a cute apartment (with excellent AC) in blazing hot Texas. 

It honestly hasn't quite set in that were here yet.
 But to be completely honest, I love showing my support for Ryan and the fact the he has a great way to provide for our family, so it's really not that bad. 

I'm a little homesick but I keep in contact with my family  a lot so everything is going to be alright.
I'm just keeping busy, taking life a step at a time and taking many, many deep breaths.
I've got my two loves with me.
Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment