Wednesday, February 19, 2014

21 months and spreading her wings

So I didn't have Emma's 18 months stats  on here. 

Due to insurance issues we weren't able to have her 18 month check up and shots so we had to wait until now to get that done. So the poor thing got all her 18 month and 2 year shots done all at once. She was such a trooper though, barely cried at all, smiled and socialized with the doctors and nurses even after her shots. 

She's made huge improvements the last few months socially. 
She used to be the most clingy, shy baby I've ever known. If people would even look at her she'd start crying and clinging onto me for dear life. She was so scared of other people, I never understood why. 

Around  the time she turned 19 months she completely turned around and has blossomed into a little social butterfly. 

The care takers at the gym I go to even say she's a completely different child. Before she would sit in the corner and just watch the other kids play, not allowing anyone to touch her. Now all of the sudden she's running around with the  other kids, playing with them and the toys, socializing with the adults, participating in every activity and even helping out with the younger babies.

She absolutely loves nursery. 

She doesn't act any different at home, she's never been overly clingy when it's just us. And nothing has changed in how I've been parenting her.

She has simply grown out of her shy stage and is spreading her cute little wings :)
Anyways, here are some stats:

Height: 33 inches (75%)
Weight: 27 lbs (75%)

Physical capabilities: she's a little busy body. She can run, jump, roll, somersault, skip, climb ( she thinks she's a big kid and can climb on the big kid playgrounds at the park. She climbs up the super tall ladders like its nothing. But it scares me to death and I've had to catch her from falling a few times) 
She still loves to eat. I always thought toddlers hated eating but not my girl. I usually have to put a limit on the things and amounts she eats because she'll just keep eating, and she will eat anything. Especially of it has ketchup on it. So we eat lots of fruits and veggies and smoothies at our house :) 
She's still got her cute little arm rolls and chubby baby cheeks, the fact that she's almost 2 is a little weird to me, she still seems like a baby to me. 
Mental capabilities: As far as words go, she can say almost anything you ask her to say. She can't say her "r" or "l" very well yet but other then that she's really good at speaking. She's even starting to put words together and create phrases. Her favorite right now is " (insert name) poopy/peepee bum bum!" And then she laughs. :) she definitely has a sense of humor. 
She loves watching curious George.
She knows her colors.
She knows a few letters of the alphabet. 
She can stack things easily, her fine motor skills are developing really well. She likes to color and draw. 
She loves helping me cook and clean. 
She throws tantrums like any other normal kid. 

She has always been and continues to be one of the very best blessings in our life. I love her so much. The amount of love I have for her is overwhelming. I'm so glad Heavenly Father sent me this sweet little girl who I can raise to become a happy, healthy woman who lives up to her divine potential that The Lord has in store for her. And she in turn has helped me to become the person I need to be, and will continue to do so.




No comments:

Post a Comment