Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Valentines Day

 I used to hate valentines day to be honest. I was one of those people. I thought it was stupid and completely worthless, mostly because I didn't ever have a boyfriend. Which was good and my choice for the most part. But it always made for a boring and slightly depressing valentines day. 
BUT! Having Ryan in my life has changed it all up. 
I woke up valentines day morning to my sweety and Emma making waffles topped with strawberries and cream. There was also a dozen roses for me on the table with a food processor I've been wanting for years. Then next to it was a single rose, a tiny fuzzy teddy bear with a balloon attached to it, Emma's gift from her sweet dad. She loved it and carried her balloon and bear around the rest of the day saying " Oh! Boon, bear. Daddy!" That was definitely my favorite part of the day. 
Later on when Ryan returned home from work we had a yummy chicken dinner and I made a red velvet cheesecake, and it was excellent. :) 
After Emma went to bed Ryan and I snuggled down on the couch and watched a chick flick.

It was wonderful, spending the day celebrating love with the people I love most.

Emma's gift :)





My sweet girl, and A sneak peek of the yucky linoleum we'll be ripping up pretty soon and replacing with tile. 

Cheese! So flattering of us both, I know.


Valentines day selfie. I especially love the toilet in the background, it really adds to the effect.

Baking velvety goodness.

Yep. She even had to nap with her boon and bear.


Yes, that layer in the middle is indeed a cheesecake layer. Cream cheese frosting topped it off. It was basically a heart attack on a plate but it was amazing regardless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment