Tuesday, May 13, 2014

AddiLyn Mae Johnson


It was a rainy Monday morning. The doctor had scheduled an appointment to for me to be induced that day. 7 AM in the morning. I was feeling particularly nervous to be induced and was considering waiting it out. I was dialated to a 2 and 80% effaced so I was progressing but inductions are scary to me, they can cause long hard labor that end up with c section, and I felt that was exactly what was going to happen to me this time. 
But then again, the baby had an ultrasound the week before and she was measuring almost 8 lbs already (7 lbs 11 oz) 2 weeks before she was due, so that in itself made me nervous as well. ( babies can really pack on the weight in the last couple weeks!)
I figured if I waited until her due date it'd be a risked c section as well. 
So might as well get it over with sooner rather than later. 

We arrived at the hospital around 8:45 AM and we were admitted right away. My nurse quickly got me hooked up to an IV, drew some blood and by 10 AM my doctor broke my water and hooked me up to the pitocin. It took a couple hours for me to really start feeling the contractions, and by that time the anesthesiologist was occupied with other patients. So I sat there squeezing the life out of Ryan's hand, rotating from one side of the bed to the other, trying to get comfortable. By the time the anesthesiologist got there I was dialated to a 5 and Ryan's hand was broken... Or at least, feeling broken. 
The anesthesiologist was able to get me hooked up quickly which I was grateful for, and Ryan didn't watch this time, because last time he almost passed out. He focused on getting me to relax and rubbing my shoulders. Which helped a lot, the contractions were getting really bad and the anesthesiologist was poking me and telling me to bend over and I felt like jumping off the bed and running away in agony. But once the epidural was in, I was one happy girl!
By that time it was about 1. Once my epidural was in I was able to relax and I think that's the key to a quick labor. 
At 2:30 I started feeling my contractions again, and they were really bad. It wasn't too painful but I could tell something was happening. And then I needed to push.


So Ryan frantically ran out the door to get the nurses, saying she needs to push! 
They all ran in, my nurse checked me and said "Dang girl!!! Baby is right there! Don't cough, sneeze, and breathe softly!! The doctor isn't here yet!" 
Then they ran out of the room to get the equipment. 

There was a thunderstorm going on at this time, so imagine loud booming thunder as you read this, it really added a dramatic effect. :)

By that time I was crying and shaking because the pain was coming back, I needed to push and there weren't any nurses or doctors in sight! I really wanted my doctor to be there, I trust her and had talked to her about how I wanted everything done and things I didn't want done. I was scared she wasn't going to make it and the nurses would have to deliver the baby. I kept telling Ryan over and over, this baby is coming, I need to push. She's coming and there's nothing I can do about it at this point. 
He was really white and kept saying "Don't you dare push, RosaLee. Don't you dare!!" He was terrified. Then he ran out again and shortly after, all my nurses and my doctor (yay!) came in, ready to go. 
They got me in the stirrups and within 3 easy pushes there was a tiny little human on my chest, gasping and squeaking, and I could barely see through the tears in my eyes.
The last part of my pregnancy I  was begining to worry about bonding with this baby. I didn't have a name for her and the pregnancy went so fast I felt like I wasn't able to really prepare mentally for another baby. But it was Love at first sight, just like it was with EmmaLee. This tiny, writhing, squeaky creature was our sweet baby sent from Heaven and I couldn't be more happy.
I was so relieved she was here, safe and I was done!! 
Ryan was able to cut the umbilical cord and hold her once she was measured, ( 7 lbs 6 oz, 20 inches long) syringed out and in a blanket. 
Watching my husband with his tiny baby daughter made me even more emotional. So I sat there bawling my eyes out as my doctor stitched me up. I couldn't have been happier than I was at that time.

So all in all, it was an easy, uncomplicated and very emotional labor. She was born 2:51 PM, 05/12/2014

Here are some pictures I took while I was in the hospital. My hospital stay was amazing, the nurses were great (except for my last one) and it was a relaxing and bonding time.




My tired handsom man. 




Long toes

She's got really long bony feet like me!




Big sister meeting little sister for the first time. Emma was so in love!





Here's one of the premie outfits I recieved. She's much longer than I premie but she's a toothpick so she fit into it just fine.

Home sweet home!!

Here are a few at home pictures :)





Haha AddiLyn in a semi milk induced coma 


Sweet sisters! They melt my heart.




I love my little squeaky AddiLyn Mae Johnson! Even if she doesn't sleep at night, and doesn't eat very well during the day. She is sweet as can be and a great addition to our little family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment