Saturday, May 3, 2014

Baby Shower!

So this pregnancy I wasn't expecting a baby shower. 
I don't really know many people here yet, and I'm having another girl so I figured it's not a big deal. But guess what? 
I lucked out!
Before I go into detail I'd like to start off by talking a little about Marlee Johnson. She's the one who threw me a baby shower.

I'm lucky enough to have her as a cousin through Ryan. She's been such a good friend to me here and has been someone  I feel like I can just go to and complain or chat or just hang out with and have a great time!
 She just had a baby not too long ago, has 3 kids and is a busy lady! But she always finds a way to remain service oriented and aware of others needs... Seriously, she amazes me in more ways than one and is an awesome example to me. 
Anyways, she insisted on throwing me a baby shower and so I was able to invite family and a couple ladies from the ward. I didn't think I'd get much of a turn out (I mean, really, nobody likes me THAT much, right?? ) but it turns out almost everyone I invited came, except for maybe 3 or 4 people. That was pretty exciting for me, made me feel loved :) Just goes to show how supportive the Johnson clan can be! 
I got some cute clothes, yummy food, diapers, wipes and other things like that. I'm grateful I was able to have a little get together! It was nice to have people come and celebrate baby #2! 


No comments:

Post a Comment