Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Two vs. one

So I have two kids now.
 No big deal, right?
Wrong. 
Very wrong. 

Having two kids is a BIG deal...

I don't know how moms with more than two do it. 

Initially, I thought that having 2 was going to be easy, a breeze, a walk in the park..

And I'm sure it will get there... Eventually? 
But as for the first two weeks, it's been hard. And so fulfilling. And so worth it. 
But let's get through the hard stuff before we get to the good. 
Here is a list of things I totally didn't see coming, or just naively overlooked:

•Ryan not getting to take time off. Yikes. When I had Emma he got a week and a half off, and I still had a hard time with him going back to work. This time it was the day after I got back from the hospital. I felt as though I had been brutally thrown into a cruel lonely world of slavery and sleep deprivation... Drama much? Indeed. That may or may not have been due to the fluctuating postpartum hormones. But still. Sooo not ready for that.

•Recovery being painful and still having to cater to a little toddlers needs. 

•Having a toddler who is mad at me. All of the time. Who has all of the sudden decided she doesn't like to sleep or wear clothes or shoes, and can't seem to entertain herself for more than 5 minutes. 

•Dealing with all of the post partum woes that I completely forgot about.. The flabby body, the soreness.. everywhere. The hair starting to fall out (already!!), the lack of a schedule, no sleep.. Need I go on?


     Now before you get too bummed and make an appointment for a hysterectomy (or vasectomy... Er. Anyways..) let me turn around and enlighten you.
Here are some fulfilling things I never saw coming:

•Yes, Ryan didn't get much time off. But I have been thrown out of my comfort zone and grown from it. I have found that I can do hard things. Very hard things. I am capable of so much more than I ever realized. I have been able to get a grasp on being a mom to two so much more quickly than I would have any other way.

•I have come to appreciate and love Ryan so much more than I thought possible. He is a life saver. Seeing how hard of a worker he is, how good of a dad he is to our girls, and how supportive and loving he is  towards me makes me so thankful that our loving Heavenly Father placed him in my life. I'm glad we have each other.

•Seeing my two beautiful daughters that God has entrusted me with together. Seeing these beautiful babies of mine is such a blessing in and of itself. I tear up everytime I see Emma bend down and kiss her sleeping baby sister on the face. My heart swells when I see her run in frantically trying to help AddiLyn be happy when she hears her little squeaky cry. She's such an amazing older sister, and she may not like me right now but I know deep down she still loves and adores her Momma! And she loves and completely adores her sister. And that, my friends, makes me happy.

• I have learned so much about Emma and her needs within the last two weeks. I've also managed to get my girls on a semi corresponding schedule... Which makes me feel pretty dang awesome.

•The lack of sleep has only resulted in a deeper love for my little newborn baby girl. We have so many special and bonding moments through those long night-time hours. Those times when she's most awake and she looks into my eyes without interruption, getting to know who her Mom is. Looking into the sweet innocent eyes of my newborn baby is an experience I will always treasure. I wouldn't trade those moments for a good nights sleep, ever. 


So, yes. Having two kids is a big deal. Is it easy? No. But is it a bad thing? No! I wouldn't trade it for the world! I absolutely love my baby girls!! 


So blurry. You can still feel the love, right? So who cares?



Blessings. ❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment