Here are a few more of our summer adventures we had.
Alycia and Emma were inseparable. EmmaLee is obsessed with her sweet aunt! She would always run around saying "Alycia play hi-how-you??!" "Yeeeeesha! Books! "Yeeeeesha! Play!?" "Night night yeesha!"
After we dropped Alycia off at the airport today we got home and Emma immediately started looking for her. It was a little heart breaking. Thank goodness for Skype! :)
Water fights
We had a few decent water fights, water balloons and everything. The cold water felt nice in the heat :)
Mall trips
We went to the mall quite a bit too, it's a good way to still have fun and escape the heat.
(Hair scrunchies work as bracelets! Go figure.)
We bought matching bracelets because Emma was so obsessed with them. One never left the mall, it was lost somewhere shortly after we bought it.
Stockyards
We took Alycia to the Stockyards in Fort Worth, which was really great. It's like Texas' version of Idaho's Jackson Hole . Super unique, specific to the state and lots to look at!
It was raining and we got a little wet!
A train came through the alley where all the little shops were, it was awesome seeing it pulls in so close to us. Alycia laid some pennies on the track and picked them up, all smashed and stretched out, after the train left.
If any of you have been around me when I feed my family, you'll know I was highly stressed out seeing Emma eat French fries and her dad's ribs. It was her first time eating food like that and she loved it. This girl has a passion for food :)
Boating
Next adventure, boating! There's a nice lake about an hour from our house.
It was my first time to the lake and boating. It was such a fun time! I went tubing for the first time and even had a shot at water skiing. We set up a nice little spot on the side of the lake where EmmLee could play and AddiLyn could lay in the shade. There was a sandy beach and everything. Grandma and Ryan switched off with me watching the girls so everyone could get some boating in. I wish I got more pictures, but I think this day was my favorite day of the summer. It was such a fun adventure.
Costco trips
We went on lots of Costco trips. You wouldn't think it'd be that fun of a place to hang out, but it's great! Lots to look at, free samples, yummy lunches, books, furniture... They have almost everything. Everything except jumper cables. And the reason I know that is because we were stranded there for hours due to my car battery dying and we were unable to find jumper cables anywhere or off of anyone. Finally we found an elderly couple who were more than willing to help us out. Thank goodness for kind people.I fake burped and took a picture of Alycia's reaction. She likes my burps ;)
Emma was helping me assess AddiLyns bowel sounds when she hadn't had a BM for a few days. She's a great nurse assistant!
Cooking
AddiLyn was fast sleep so I decided to play on the playground too... Until other kids started showing up. Then I had to pretend to be an adult again.
It's kind of sad when summer begins coming to a close. It's been an eventful and extremely fun summer! It's gone by too quickly...
However, I'm looking forward to Texas autumn season. Bring on the pumpkin goody baking and beautiful weather!









































No comments:
Post a Comment