Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer Time Part1

It's almost 1:00 AM and I really should be asleep in my welcoming bed. 
But I'm sitting here snuggling with my little 3 month old and blogging. 

Late nights are the only time I get to myself, and I kind of really like blogging for some reason.
And really, sleep is overrated, right? Who needs it? 
Anyways. Enough of that.

Disclaimer: this blog is full of pictures mostly. So if you hate scrolling through a post with pictures of the cutest babies ever, than this blog isn't for you! But here it is for those family members and friends who are interested! 

Here's a little peek into our summer so far. Lots has happened and I haven't got pictures of even half of everything we've been doing. But here's a little bit. 



Dating :) Ryan and I have made a goal to go on a date every week, we switch off coming up with one. And usually they're free or very cheap and soooo fun. I love my man.


Swimming. She loves her little pool. Emma took swimming lessons at the YMCA this month and LOVED it. She's a little fish now.... Kind if nerve racking.

Lots of exploring. We've been seeing more of what the area has to offer. We've checked out the lakes, been on some fun walks and lots of outdoor fun ( only when it's not hotter than hades, that is.) 

Cheesecake Factory. Mmm.



Exercising. A little bit. Mostly just taking gym selfies but hey, at least I'm at the gym, right?


Dressing up like daddy. Emma is such a daddy's girl these days! 


Being cute together. I love these sweet people!

Drinking lots of fruit/veggie smoothies. She's sporting the Robert Downey jr look.. I think she's pulls it off quite nicely.


Smiling. My little treasure.


Many trips to Cosco. Enjoying the free samples and soft pillows.

Hanging out at the mall and getting in trouble for letting my kid touch the manican. Heh.

I packed a lunch so we wouldn't have to buy something expensive and unhealthy.
We've really enjoyed making a day of visiting the mall. 

This was Emma's first time riding the carousel. She nearly strangled me to death the first time around but she got into it really quickly after that.

Changing lots of poopy diapers... And potty training Emma! She's such a big girl now. I only have one baby in diapers now, woohoo!!

Napping :)


Dressing up like cows to get a free meal at chick fil a. Emma stills says "eat more chicken!" Every time we pass by chick fil a. 



Going to the drive in. Alycia and Emma are inseparable, they played hard before the movie started. They have way too much fun.

More smiling!








LOTs of snuggling and loving. And way too many selfies...



Painting. Alycia and I been redoing our bathrooms and working on some other home projects. Emma helps a lot too. She really speeds things up, let me tell ya.



 
We've had Lots of quality time with each other. 


Crafting :) one of a few little projects I'm doing. 



She's been growing like a mad woman. She's so strong now! Look at those straining back and neck muscle go!



Lots of playing.




Lots of sweet silly faces that I just obsess over and get to love on all day! I'm so blessed! 


Things not pictured. 
Cooking! I've done a lot of baking lately. I'm trying all these new healthy recipes I've accumulated, it's fun experimenting. 

Library visits and reading. I've made a goal to read more often. And Emma is obsessed with reading so we do a lot of that.

Cleaning. It's a part of life. Fun? No. Necessary? No. Mundane? Yes. Why do I even do it? I ask myself that every day.

Laughing so much that my abs should be chiseled into a glorious 6 pack.. Still waiting on the 6 pack but the laughing has still been nice. So many fun times and memories made.

Celebrations. The Fourth of July was so fun. Celebrating life in general. Life is good.

So far it's been an excellent summer, more to come! 
I hope everyone out there is enjoying their summer, families and friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment