Saturday, September 27, 2014

Camping List

I'm kind of a list person. I love everything about lists. And I made a really good camping list so I want to record it for next time we go camping, and I can add more the more we go and learn. Anything paper gets destroyed at my house in a matter of minutes so I'm recording it on here, safe from little toddler hands :) 

AddiLyn:
Bedding - laundry basket or little tent
                Blankets
Bumbo
Clothes: - warm Jammie's 
-onsies
-jacket
-socks, hat, gloves
-diapers/wipes/desitin
- binky and binky strap
-swim suit
-moby wrap/ carrier


EmmaLee:
Bedding - pillow/blankets/teddy bear
-toothbrush/toothpaste/brush
-warm pjs 
-pants/shorts/shirts
-socks/shoes
-swim suit/towel
- jacket/hat
- toys (bucket and shovel, little things like that)
-diapers/wipes/panties
-books/crayons/paper for calm down time
-sippy 


Ryan and my stuff

Miscellaneous:
-tent
-sleeping bags/pillows/extra blankets
-bikes/bike trailer
-umbrella
-frisbee
-playpen with fitted sheet to go on top
-book
-sunglasses/sunscreen
-camera
-bug spray/bear spray/Ryan's bear grills stuff
-air mattress if there's room 
-Plastic garbage bags
-skewers 
- flashlight
-camping stove
-matches/lighter
-soap/wash rags
-aloe Vera
-Benadryl 
-first aid kit
-camping chairs
-pots/pans
-cooler/ice
-toilet paper/paper towels
- food safety bag and rope
-


Food ideas we used (what worked and what didn't)
Breakfasts: oatmeal with fruit. Worked great, just brought a bunch of apples and oatmeal. Cooked them both over Ryan's cooking stove with some cinnamon and a little brown sugar. Super tasty and easy. (too humid to start fires in the morning) 

Also thought about bringing things from home, like premade oat bran muffins. 

Lunches: PB&J. Easy. Did that for all lunches.

Dinners: Tin foil dinners, precooked meat. Worked great.
Pigs in a blanket with veggies(veggies were wrapped in tin foil at home and then cooked over fire in tin foil). Got non-nitrate hot dogs and wheat dough and cooked them over the fire. Didn't agree with Emma's tummy. Not my favorite meal.the veggies worked great though! Probably won't do this again.

Snacks:
Carrots/apples/trail mix/granola bars/ crackers. Crackers were messy. 



-pots/pans
-paper plates, cups and utensils 




No comments:

Post a Comment