Saturday, September 27, 2014

Our camping trip

Ryan got a long weekend this week so we decided to escape reality and runaway to the woods of Arkansas with our kids. It was a little last minute but we pulled it together and made it work. 


People have told me time and time again how brave we were to take the girls camping. I never once thought of how brave it was, it wasn't hard at all! Something about being outside in the fresh air makes my girls calm, it was the easiest 3 days ever. 


We did a lot of biking, exploring, hiking, and playing in water. 



EmmaLee loved playing with the flashlight in the tent once it got dark and AddiLyn slept like a rock both nights. 



The only problem we had was the second night Emma had a meltdown in the middle of the night, she woke up scared because she forgot where she was. So Ryan sat in the car with her until she calmed down. Not a huge deal. 
I didn't go camping with my family a whole lot as a kid, but the few times we did go I felt so close to my family and so happy. I want our kids to have lots of fun memories they can look back on and hopefully remember how much they love being together as a family. Camping brings us close, so Ryan and I plan to do it a lot as a family.



No comments:

Post a Comment