Why do I care about my weight?
I don't. Not really. I used to be very conscious about my figure but these days that's not on my mind. I actually love my amazing body, I mean, it can grow a beautiful human in 9 months and it can solely sustain that humans life for months after their born. Wow. How can you not respect something with that great ability?
No, it's more of a need to be healthy for my family. A need to be a good example to my girls. It's a need to be happy with myself. It's a need to get rid of the negative energy, anxiety and stress that I grudgingly carry with me way more than I'd like.
That's the reason I care so much about my health. It's not because I want to look better than everyone else, it's because I want to feel better than I ever have.
Having goals helps me keep on the path of healthy living.
I've been okay at working out and eating healthy, but there are days that I just can't find motivation to do either.
And let's face it. I LOVE to EAT.
So I just need to hold myself more accountable.
Blogging it is much better than writing it down on paper. I can feel accountable to anyone reading and... I can't rip it up and throw it in the trash the days I want to stuff my face with ice cream.
So here it is. My physical health goals:
-Get down to 18% body fat.
Current: 21%
Goal weight: 125
That's a little on the small side for a 5'8" big boned person like me but I got down to 124 after having EmmaLee, and I felt AMAZING. I want to get there before I'm expecting again. (So that gives me a couple years. Phew! )
Current: 134
Measurements:
Arms: 10
Waist: 30
Butt: 38
Legs: 18.5
Goal: tone and tighten. I may not lose many inches but I can firm up the flab.
Before picture:
What? You think I'm going to post that on here? Not in your wildest dreams. It's safely tucked away in a folder on an undisclosed camera in an undisclosed location.
Plan of execution:
Workout everyday. Cardio, strength training, yoga, Pilates, lifting weights, running. It doesn't matter what. As long as I do something fitness wise for an hour a day.
Eat healthy. I eat pretty healthy, it's just the sweets when I'm having a hard day. I just need to keep it all out of the house and I'll be okay.
No processed foods, canned soups, sugar, nothing like that. Keeping it clean.
The weekends I can have a treat, holidays too. If I completely deprive myself I snap and eat all the food in the world. It's flat out counterproductive. Moderation is key.
Other health related goals:
Get out of the house with the little ones. Every day. We're all so much happier the days when we all get out and get our energy out together, preferably in the warm sunshine. It helps ease the anxiety and stress.
Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. Now that AddiLyn mostly sleeps through the night, I can maybe do this. Early to bed, early to rise. I need my sleep to be happy and function properly.
Alrighty. Here I go!
Go RosaLee! We're right there with you. We've been doing one or the other really well recently. Now it's trying to make time for the gym everyday now + school is starting up! I'll hold you accountable if you hold me accountable? ;) haha
ReplyDeleteDeal! I need your number woman! I hope studying his going well for you, you're going to destroy the NCLEX! :)
Delete