I'm almost hesitant to add these lame "health updates" to my blog because this isn't that kind of blog.
But since I started it I'll continue until I decide I don't want to anymore. Maybe next time I'll create an actual fitness/ health blog and do it completely separately.
This may actually be the last update for awhile.
I'm quite happy to say that I've worked hard enough to say that I am happy with where I'm at, for the most part. I've lost about 20 inches on my accumulative body measurements since July. I've lost about 10 pounds (give or take a little) since July, 30 lbs since having AddiLyn.
My before and after pictures are different, in a good way.
I can't say I'm 100% satisfied with where I'm at, there is always room for improvement... like getting a six pack. Which is currently what I'm working on.
Stop judging me, I can dream can't I?
Ryan and I have been working out together and we're currently doing a "30 day to a 6 pack" workout regimen.
Our diet has been pretty good, except for the weekends (you gotta live a little, seriously) but I'm pretty sure to get a 6 pack I'd have to really lean out more, and be way more committed to a strict daily diet. SOOOOO let's just say I'm not holding my breath waiting for those abs to show.
My failure attempt at a "swelfie"... or, by definition, swole selfie.
Fail. Fail. Fail.
Anyways, I don't think I'd be motivated to go to the gym on a daily basis if my girls didn't love it so much. They both love going to the child care. Emma always colors pretty pictures and is so excited to show me each time. AddiLyn seems to be happy when being dropped off and every time I peek in on her she's zoned in on some new toy.
It really adds variety to our day.
And then of course they love the play time they get after we're done working out. Emma runs around the basketball or the racquetball courts and AddiLyn loves pummeling the volleyballs.
I remember when I first had Emma and I started working out, I remember how horribly guilty I'd feel. I felt guilty that I was focusing time and energy on myself when I felt I should be focusing all my time and energy on my baby.
And it would be a lie to say that even now I don't feel guilty sometimes about leaving my girls for a while to focus on myself.
However, I'm beginning to realize that a little me-time isn't something to slit my wrists over.
Personally, I'm a better mom when I get some alone time. As little as 20 minutes even and I'm good. I'm a better mom when I feel healthy and keep active.
To be a good mom I need this in my life.
And I'm not saying that if you don't workout your a bad mom, I'm just saying that in my life, it's good.
Ryan and I have never really worked out together, and I have to say, it is one of the best things ever. We lift weights together and then separate and do our own thing for cardio. It's been good for us as a team. We've been able to support each other with our separate goals, and Ryan keeps me from looking like a fool in the weight room!
So I guess in a way, this whole health/fitness venture has incorporated our whole family in a positive way rather than just me. But I still get my me-time. We all win!
THE END.



No comments:
Post a Comment