I've been trying to make our house pretty... without spending money.
It's one of the hardest tasks I've ever given myself, and I've done some pretty hard things!
Well, it's not pretty yet. But it's slowly getting there.
The master bedroom has taken the longest to show any progress. It's definitely the most neglected room of the house. I focus most of my decorating on our living room and the girls room, because it's more in the open and it's more fun decorating cute little girls rooms!
But Ryan pitched the idea that we build a headboard together.
So I posted an ISO pallets post on Facebook and got a bunch for free.
Then we, and when I say we I mean Ryan, pulled the boards off and we put together this shabby-chic headboard. Nailed it together, stained it with leftover stain we had from our table, and put it up.
The most expensive part was the plain wreath that I bought at Walmart, which I spruced up with bright happy looking flowers.. Which added up to almost $10. The lights are one of those plastic tube Christmas lights that we never used for Christmas decor.
It's simple, and not exactly breath taking when you see it, but it's cute... It suits us.
We're not the most sophisticated, ritzy people. We're a little rough around the edges, but we've got our redeeming qualities once you look past the rough exterior......HA. Just kidding. That was a stupid analogy. But in my mind it sounded deep and eloquent.
Anyways, here's the finished product! It'll do for now. Once we get rich and famous maybe we'll spend tons of money on home decor.
But probably not.

No comments:
Post a Comment