Sunday, May 24, 2015

From drab to fab

We had the oppurtunity to purchase our first home together last February. 




 Pretty cute, right? I thought so. When we first moved in, however, the inside was kind of a hot mess. It was bad. But I knew it had potential.
Here are the scary before pictures.






The walls were an orange color. You can't tell by this picture but trust me, it was bad.

Let's paint a vine growing up the wall, shall we? 
Yuck.

Who wouldn't want blue trimming? That's right, that's the color. IT IS NOT PAINTERS TAPE. All the trim in the kitchen was dark Digger blue. And the linoleum was faded and very worn. Oh and notice the handcrafted shelves.... yeah they're just straight up boards on cheap metal.


The doors were all custom painted. And they were not painted well, mind you. 


Mmmhm.


They left their blue curtains behind, maybe because they matched the trim in the kitchen, who knows.


Notice how gross the carpets are. We lived with the stinky nasty carpets for almost a year. I was not happy about that...



So we got the house for a pretty good price, and I like the location and yard. The house was definitely a force to be reckoned with. I was 7 months pregnant when we moved in too so I wasn't very excited about all the work that needed to be done. I just wanted a happy cute home.
So we got to the grind and got to work on this poor little abused house.

And here we are, a year later, and it's so much better. It's been cleaned thoroughly (air ducts, coils in the AC were replaced, and the whole inside of the house was scrubbed from top to bottom and repainted)
We ripped up the nasty smelly carpet and put in a dark laminate and new carpet.
We ripped up the linoleum and placed tile. We repainted everything. 
And lo and behold, it's a nice little home. No one would have ever guessed it was such a mess when we moved in.





That's all I've got so far in terms of after pictures, but it looks a LOT better. The kitchen is a lot different, it doesn't have a musty humid odor anymore, and I actually really love it! The other day Ryan caught me off guard and said he wants to flip houses with me more in the future. I turned down the proposition but hey, at least I know we both had a little fun with it! The fulfillment of fixing something up is great!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my! You weren't messing around telling me how it was before. And you're totally right... I would of never known! Y'all did such a great job! Your home is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete