I can handle the stretch marks. I can take the emotions. Heck, I can even manage my destroyed, saggy body.
I was expecting all that, anyways.
What is kicking me in the face right now is the alopecia.
Alopecia=hair loss.
During the 9 months of pregnancy there's this lovely pregnancy hormone called progesterone keeping your body and baby happy. One thing progesterone does during it's visit is it messes with the hair cycle. Womens hair goes through cycles of growing and shedding. During pregnancy you don't go through those cycles.
So you have your baby. You say goodbye to progesterone and then BAM! A few months later 9 months of hair (and more, due to nutrition deficits in some people) falls out and you realize you're hair is everywhere but your head!
So tragic.
I could make a wig out of all the hair that has fallen out.
It's everywhere. In the carpets, sinks, furniture... Oy.

No comments:
Post a Comment