I got right up and we were laughing and hugging and laughing some more and I was so suprised she was there! In my house!
I couldn't have been more suprised and excited about seeing anyone than I was at that moment.
I've been complaining to Ryan a lot about how stressed and blahhhh I've been. Only he would be able to know the perfect solution to that... Fly my best friend from Idaho to stay with me for a few days!
So Chelsea and her little daughter Andelin stayed with me from Saturday night to Wednesday. Unfortunately my little miss EmmaLee woke up sick the day after they got here, so she wasn't very happy those first few days.
So since it was a total suprise, I hadn't made any plans. We just did what I do on an normal average day, nothing too exciting but let me just say, it was so nice being able to go throughout the days, talking about our kids/husbands/families, updating each other on our lives, going on walks, visiting parks and the library, blowing bubbles with the babies and relaxing in the backyard, laughing at pretty much everything, and seeing how awesome of a mom my besty has become. I always knew she would be a great mom, but seeing her with her little lady made me realize that how much of a natural she is. One thing I really admired is how attentive she was to her baby girl and how well she's taught her to communicate her needs.. What a great example that is to me!
Fun things I want to remember about this adventure:
"Thanks for the blankie"
Chelsea breaking sticks/stick fighting with my front window haha
"Old people on the bus go... Uhhhhhh"
Chelsea wiping mustard off my toe because I'm huge and can't comfortably bend over :)
Chelsea: "Do I like Jell-O"
Me: " hahahahahaha"
Chelsea: do you know what movie that's even from.
Me: nope.
Dancing in the rain :)
Driving around trying to find Steven a cowboy hat! After driving around and seeing everything was closed we concluded we would go into Braums and steal one off of a random guys head, but that didn't work too well either... Maybe next time!
Having awesome talks while the babies were sleeping ( it was so awesome, our girls are on almost the exact same schedule so it worked out really well.)
Seeing a rogue palm tree going for a stroll down the street with donkeys braying in the background.
Loopy laugh sessions that honestly should have put me into labor.
Not so awesome things to remember, and someday in the far future we can maybe laugh about:
Not being able to find the right place to drop Chelsea off at the airport and both of us almost having panic attacks...
I'm so blessed Having this lady as one of my best friends!!
The next morning, after they had left, Emma kept saying "Chosie, Annn!" "Chosie, Annn?" She was just as ready for them to live with us as I was. What a great suprise, I'm glad Chelsea was willing to sacrifice the time and sleep!
Loved it!



No comments:
Post a Comment